Position Description – Executive Director
Flexible with strong preference for Kamloops, BC
This is currently a part-time contract position with full-time potential dependent on success of fundraising programs.
The Grasslands Conservation Council of British Columbia (GCC) was founded in 1999 by various groups and individuals concerned with threats to the grasslands of British Columbia. GCC is dedicated to the conservation and stewardship of these imperiled grasslands throughout the Province.
Working to build a better understanding of grasslands, and to provide methods and tools to better care for them, we pursue a vision of healthy and life-sustaining grasslands in British Columbia for current and future generations.
Purpose and General Description
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful management and delivery of the organizations programs according to the strategic direction set by the GCC Board of Directors.
The Executive Director
• is accountable for all aspects of the day to day operation of GCC;
• will use their knowledge and understanding of the principles of resource management to creatively approach the issues effecting grasslands;
• will use their communication skills to engage individuals and community groups to build support and membership in GCC, develop successful grant and sponsorship applications;
• will use their problem solving skills to address the challenges of board engagement, volunteer recruitment and management, and fundraising;
• respond to other duties as required and assigned by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director reports directly to the GCC Board Chairperson and will work closely with other GCC Directors, contractors, partners, stakeholders and supporters.
For a complete position description please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter, indicating “Executive Director” in the subject line to the Grasslands Conservation Council via email at: email@example.com
The position is open until filled.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in the Grasslands Conservation Council of British Columbia; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.